Frequently Asked Questions
On this page, you’ll find a selection of the most frequently asked questions about HVAC systems. It is a good place to start if you need basic information about heating and AC maintenance, repair, or installation in Jacksonville.
Don’t forget that, if you can’t find an answer to your question here, you can contact the Elite AC LLC team directly. Click here to visit our CONTACT US page.
My air conditioner is coming on but I can't feel any cold air?
1) Check your breakers.
2) Check the settings on the thermostat.
3) Check or replace the dirty filter.
4) Call us. (888) 908 - 8481
How do I know what is the proper HVAC unit for my home when shopping for a new A/C unit?
1) For every 500-600 sq. foot 1 ton is required to properly cool or heat your home.
2) All major brands are fairly similar as far as functionality of the system, most major brands will offer a 10-year parts warranty on the system.
3) More important than the brand of the A/C unit is the quality of the install.
4) Make sure you do research on the contractor before hiring them.
5) Make sure your contractor pulls the needed permit.
How do I maintain my HVAC unit?
1. Replace or clean your filter every 30 to 60 days.
2. Pour 4 ounces of bleach down the drain line to keep it from backing up.
3. Move away objects from the air handler or away from the return.
4. Sign up for yearly or bi-yearly maintenance to keep your HVAC system running at its peak performance and efficiency.
How do I know if I need my ducts cleaned?
1. If your house is always dusty and you are constantly having to dust it's probably a good time to have the ducts cleaned.
2. If you moved into a new home and you notice that you are having allergies since moving into the home.
3. If you notice dust built up or caked on the vents in your home.
4. If it's been over 2 years since you have had the ducts cleaned.
How do I know if I should have my dryer vent cleaned?
1. Depending on the usage of the dryer we recommended having the dryer vent cleaned out between 6-18 months.
2. If you moved into a new home it is a good idea to have the dryer vent cleaned.
3. If you notice it takes more than one cycle to dry your clothes.
How Do You Pick the Right Size HVAC System?
There is no exact answer because it depends on a variety of factors. Ceiling height, number of windows, the shape of rooms, and a dozen other things can affect the efficiency of HVAC technology.
The best way to find out is to book a free consultation with one of our technicians.
What Is the Typical Lifespan of an HVAC System?
Heating and AC maintenance is the biggest factor when it comes to the longevity of HVAC technology. If you take good care of a new air conditioner, it will easily last upwards of a decade, perhaps even close to twelve or thirteen years. Gas furnaces can live for twice as long, with an average lifespan of between twenty to twenty-five years.
How Often Should I Get My HVAC System Serviced?
Elite AC LCC offers the most comprehensive HVAC service in Jacksonville. We inspect the ducts, dampers, valves, radiators, blowers, fuel lines, registers, coils, pumps, the gas meter, oil tank, refrigerant lines and more. We recommend that you schedule a service at least once every twelve months to ensure maximum health and efficiency.
What is the Best Filter for Air Quality?
The need for an AC replacement can be significantly delayed by using high-quality filters. Standard filters are fine for keeping ducts and vents clean, but they have only a minimal effect on indoor air quality. For this, you need pleated media filters that remove allergens from the atmosphere. Click here to read our guide to improving your air quality.
How Does Elite AC LLC Rectify Faulty Items?
It’s rare for things to go wrong after an HVAC installation, but everybody makes mistakes. In the unlikely event that any part of your new air conditioning or heating is defective, Elite AC will provide a replacement. This won’t cost you anything, and we’ll make sure to get it to you as fast as possible.